Thursday, August 05, 2004

Awake At The Lecturn, Asleep At The Switch

“Had I been reading to children and had my top aide whisper in my ear that America is under attack, I would have told those kids very nicely and politely that the president of the United States has something that he needs to attend to.” – John Kerry, August 5th, 2005

"...And as I came in [to a meeting in Tom Daschle's office], Barbara Boxer and Harry Reid were standing there, and we watched the second plane come in to the building. And we shortly thereafter sat down at the table and then we just realized nobody could think, and then boom, right behind us, we saw the cloud of explosion at the Pentagon..." – John Kerry, on what he did on that bright and fiery late summer morning three years ago.

So when America is attacked, Big Bad John springs into action by…sitting down and falling into stupefaction.

Boy, I feel safer already – don’t you?