Thursday, October 21, 2004

F-5 Faith

Matt Margolis points out yet another Kerry contradiction:

John Kerry during the second presidential debate on October 8th:

"...I can't take what is an article of faith for me and legislate it for someone who doesn't share that article of faith, whether they be agnostic, atheist, Jew, Protestant, whatever. I can't do that."

John Kerry last Saturday, pandering to social conservatives in Xenia, Ohio:

"I will bring my faith with me to the White House and it will guide me."

I have a question, Senator: your faith in what? Can't be God if it's so worthless to you that you've left it in the closet for all these years. Can't be your fellow countrymen since to you they're either "wolves," sheep, or skunks like yourself. Kofi Annan, perhaps? The Chirac/Schroeder axis?

My guess is it's your overriding conviction of your own self-accuated mental capacity. Which probably means that you'll transform the Bill Clinton memorial whoopie nook into a shrine where your staff will burn incense to you as you sit on the golden throne that will replace "Old Resolute" in the Oval Office.

Self-worship is so much like, um, other forms of, er, self-attention. And produces results just about as meager.

But they'll have to do, because if you do manage to get power by the unconscionable means to which you'll be limited, you won't be getting any hosannahs from anybody else.