Tuesday, October 12, 2004

"John Kerry" is French for "Jesus Christ"?

According to Drudge, Opie Edwards said the following:

"When John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going to walk. Get up out of that wheelchair and walk again."

Christopher Reeve is dead. So does that mean that Lurch has the power of resurrection? Or will he just turn everybody into zombies instead? And to think that I joked during the Dem convention about Kerry walking on water only if it was Perrier - or Evian, I guess it is.

This isn't to make light of Reeve's passing, but for heaven's sake, look at what Edwards is doing with it. Hell, I had my snootful of lib necromancy after President Reagan's death this past summer. One of the reasons I thank God every day for my good health and absence of injury is that I won't get dragged on stage at some damned Dem rally to be exploited as a prop for such a carnival barker hack.

And liar as well. Does it really have to be repeated yet again that President Bush has not banned any form of stem cell research? That all he's done is zero out federal funding for the creation of new embryos for the sole purpose of harvesting them, which is ethically tantamount to Nazi medical experimentation? And that he is the first POTUS to fund stem cell research?

Yeah, I guess it does. Repeatedly. With Kerry and Edwards physically pinned down and forced to listen by way of a triple-figure decibel bullhorn.

Charles Krauthammer - who I just learned today is a quadrepalegic - wasn't kind to Opie:

"I've heard a lot of hype over the last 30 years about the keys to the kingdom here in this issue. And all of them have proved false. For Edwards to make the claims he did is the worst demagoguery I've heard in Washington in a quarter century. To imply that Christopher Reeve was kept in the wheelchair because of the policies of the Bush Administration on stem cells is ridiculous and insulting" (Special Report, FNC, 10/11).

But par for the course for an ambulance-chasing shyster.

(Hat Tip: KerrySpot)