Friday, February 18, 2005

The Master Plan of Daffy Duck, Yosemite Sam, and Elmer Fudd?

Jonah Goldberg has declared a blogswarm against Warner Brothers' announced intent to profane the image and legacy of Bugs Bunny.

I must say, I heartily agree.

Why?

Take a look at what the "new and improved" Bugs (to be renamed "Buzz") of seven centuries hence, which is the premise of the revamped upcoming cartoon Loonatics:



Now take a look at the critters from the early-80s cult classic film Gremlins:





Notice any resemblance?

Can you imagine what they're going to do to the Road Runner, Wile E. Coyote, Tasmanian Devil, and Daffy Duck (whom I doubt seriously will be reprising his famous role as "Duck Dodgers," since that 'toon takes place only 350 years from now)?

I can just hear Foghorn Leghorn now:

"Theay's, I say theay's somethin' a little EEEEUUHHHH about people who'd screw around with Bugs Bunny."



"Nope, I'm not calling the WB casting office; they just might put me in theya."