Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Am I Alone?

Reading through my favorite blogs, I keep coming across items regarding John Kerry's form 180, what it reveals, what it doesn't, what is missing, etc. Am I the only conservative who really doesn't CARE what's in Kerry's form 180? Come to think of it, one of the writers at National Review Online expressed something to that effect, I can't remember which one. But other than that, most of my fellow conservative bloggers still seem to be a bit obsessed with it.

I don't need to see Kerry's official military record to know that he is a bad man, devoid of character and courage. I've heard him speak, heard him lie and distort, and I've watched his actions and his votes. There is little that can be discovered that would lower my opinion of this gigolo.

Along the same lines, I didn't get excited over this new Hillary book that was supposed to bring her down. How many times have we heard that? She will slime her way out of any situation, I am convinced of that. She and her husband have an uncanny ability to make others take the rap for them. Again, there is little that can be revealed about her that would make any change in my view that she is a megalomaniac, a thoroughly dishonest and awful woman who does not deserve to hold any public office.

It seems that we continue to breathlessly await some big revelation that is finally going to make the Clintons pay for their indiscretions and dishonesty, that something is going to be discovered about Kerry to prove that the Swifties were right all along...something we already know, but we want EVERYONE to know. We need to just concentrate on furthering our conservative agenda and convincing as many people as possible that the Republican Party is the one with the ideas here at home and the strength and will to defend this country. Continually watching for the opportunity to seal the doom of our enemies makes us too much like THEM.

JAS ADDS: Jim Geraghty concurs:

Take it from a guy whose individual posts still say "Kerry Spot." It's time to let him go.

Sure, John Kerry will probably attempt to run for president in 2008. He probably thinks that he will do better when there is no incumbent. It is almost unimaginable that the Democrats, with options like Hillary or some governor or even Edwards, will turn to John Kerry again. Perhaps I'll be proven wrong, but I suspect his 2008 campaign will be announced with great fanfare and then the candidate will quickly learn that the party's donors aren't interested in a second go-round.

Thus, Swifties, Pajamahadeen, Kerry Crushers... John Kerry is the past. It's time to let him fade into obscurity in the Senate. It was a long, thrilling ride, but it's time to put aside his French looks, his thin legislative record, his windy, droning speeches, his voting for bills before he votes against them, his windsurfing, his constant references to the 1960s, his ability to answer any question with Vietnam, his comparisons of U.S. troops to "Jen-Jis Khan"...

To borrow a phrase, it is time to Move On.

For my part, I'm ambivalent about the whole thing. For all the fizz it's generated in the center-right blogosphere, this latest S-180 "story" just isn't news to me. It's more of the same obfuscation, the same double-talk, the same "I actually did release my records before I didn't" BS. It seems clear to me that John Kerry will never, ever release his full military records, for whatever reason. If he defies the odds and becomes a serious presidential contender again, this stuff is sure to resurface. For now, if other bloggers want to fisk it yet again, it's no leaf off of my fig tree. Just be sure to wake me if the novelty ever revives.