Thursday, June 09, 2005

Pyrrhic Victory #2

California Supreme Court Justice Janice Rogers Brown was confirmed to the First (D.C.) Circuit Court of Appeals this afternoon by a vote of 56-43, following a cloture vote of 67-32. Debate on Alabama Attorney General William Pryor's appellate court nomination was finally choked off by the same (latter) margin.

Click here for my commentary. It hasn't changed in the past two weeks.

My apologies for the lack of posting today. My work machine is suffering a self-inflicted "low disk space" problem that I inherited, and it's going into the shop in the AM, hopefully to not remain their much into the PM that follows.

Also, I couldn't resist the allure of my comfortable bed after dinner, and both HS and my libido will just have to learn to live with it.