Friday, April 28, 2006

How Bad Was My Day?

Look at the date/time of this post. I haven't gone home yet. And I didn't get near even reading today's headlines, much less blogging about any of them. If I hadn't had to run all of a co-worker's errands today, during which I picked up a frantically rushed bite to eat, I wouldn't have eaten in over thirty hours. And all because of a monster spreadsheet I had to whip up from scratch with only a day in which to do it, all the while being interrupted every five minutes by the !#$%^&* phone or the !#$%^&* doorbell, because my boss is leaving town Saturday. And I'm still not done with it, though I am hopefully close. And he said it didn't have to be "elaborate"! I wish that had turned out to be true.

This pushed everything I would ordinarily have done today into tomorrow, which is precisely where I don't need it. That co-worker is going to be giving me a big hand tomorrow, I can tell you that.

I hope it'll be enough.