Thursday, April 21, 2005

The State of the GOP, In 88 Words

From today's American Spectator "Prowler" column:

"On everything from Social Security to DeLay to Bolton, you get the sense that we're fraying at the seams, perhaps more than fraying," says a Republican lobbyist. "We knew the State Department was a snake pit. We knew it was full of Democrats ready to attack a conservative. Yet everyone seems surprised that this happened. You see the same kind of shell shocked look when you talk to a White House staffer about Social Security or immigration policy.

This isn't good, and we need to fix it quick." [my emphasis]

Can you believe I'm still a teetotaler? Or that I'm still in this sorry-ass excuse for a political party?

No wonder I've gone back to listening to sports radio all day.

And I live near Seattle.