Monday, May 09, 2005

Giving "Up The Wazzu" A Whole New Meaning

As you may or may not know, I am a graduate of Washington State University (Class of 1987) with a B.A. in Accounting. So when I saw this story just a few minutes ago, I fell out of my chair with a delightful combination of fist-pumping, cheering, and uncontrollable laughter:

So as most of you know its Graduation Weekend here in Pullman. My 8:00AM ceremony went off without a hitch, but Ahoyo's graduation was another thing. It must be known that "Governor" Gregoire was the commencement speaker for the College of Business graduation. The Accounting department is part of this college, this will play a key role in this story. Well the commencement started like normal with the respective colleges walking in single file. One may have noticed the Accounting department had Accounting spelled out one letter at a time on their mortarboards. Well as soon as "Governor" Gregoire took the stage they quickly changed one of the c's to an a and shuffled around their hats. The end result was the phrase "Count Again" spelled out on their mortarboards. FUNNIEST SHIT EVER!

You're not kidding, Zbirge. Just behold this gorgeous exercise in "speaking truth to power":





And the best part is Grinchoire had no idea what was happening.

I hereby take back every nasty thing my roommate and I ever said about WSU and Pullman and the Palouse and pretty much anything within a fifty mile radius of that place while we were going to school there. I have never been prouder to be a Cougar - and Accounting Department - alum in my entire life.

I just hope the merry pranksters waited to do their delicious annagramming until after they received their sheepskins.

[HT: Michelle Malkin via GOP Bloggers]