Saturday, October 21, 2006

Adjust Your Conscience

10 When (A) the governor had nodded for him to speak, Paul responded: "Knowing that for many years you have been a judge to this nation, I cheerfully make my defense, 11 since you can take note of the fact that no more than (B) twelve days ago I went up to Jerusalem to worship.

12 "(C) Neither in the temple, nor in the synagogues, nor in the city itself did they find me carrying on a discussion with anyone or (D) causing a riot.

13 "(E) Nor can they prove to you the charges of which they now accuse me.

14 "But this I admit to you, that according to (F) the Way which they call a (G) sect I do serve (H) the God of our fathers, (I) believing everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets; 15 having a hope in God, which (J) these men cherish themselves, that there shall certainly be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked.

16 "In view of this, (K) I also do my best to maintain always a blameless conscience both before God and before men.

-Acts 24:10-16