Sunday, October 22, 2006

Amen, Dr. Dobson!

Read this over at Dr. James Dobson's web site:

Focus on the Family Chairman James C. Dobson, Ph.D., saying he is "concerned about my country," is devoting the next two days of his nationally syndicated radio show to urge fellow Christians to vote on Election Day.

"If people of faith — the so-called values voters — don't come out and let their voices be heard, there are going to be some major implications for this country," he says in the two-part broadcast that began today, much of it recorded at a rally earlier this week in Nashville, Tenn. "There are these statements from the media that values voters don't care this year and that they're going to stay home."

That's exactly what they want to happen, and is the reason for this media blitz regarding Mark Foley and all of the negative stories regarding Republican chances this year. He is right about this:

"I'm concerned about my country. I have been concerned in the past, but I don't know that it's been any greater than it is right now," he said. "I have never, ever seen such hatred in my life. I am being bludgeoned in the media. Why? Why now? Well, it's not really personal to me. But they identify me as one of the people who turned out the values voters last time – and they are determined to never, ever let it happen again.

"For two years they have just been livid over what happened in 2004. I'm getting the brunt of it – but you know what, I don't really care about that. And I'm going to cast my vote anyway. Are you?"

They have been worse than livid, they have been stark raving mad. If people were paying attention to what has come out of their mouths in the last couple of years, they wouldn't even be close in this election.

I really think that if we turn out like we did in 2004, we can surprise them yet again. I really do believe we can hold our majorities. We just have to encourage like-minded people to get off their butts and to the polls. This is way too important to sit back and just "see what happens."