Monday, December 11, 2006

Still Puzzled

Okay, so maybe I'm slow. It has been a month since the election, and I'm still trying to figure out what happened. It's hard for me to believe, as Jim does, that the voters really have given up on the War on Terror and elected Democrats to get it over with. He's a little more savvy than I am on that type of thing, though, so I suppose it could be. I know the spending was a big issue, I'm mad at them about that too. But it was SO clear to me that electing Democrats was just going to make things worse that I never even considered voting for any of them. I know Bush has been a disappointment in some areas, but in some areas he has been great, too. I think in his first term he had the potential to be one of our greatest Presidents, but has kind of lost his way. I still believe in him, though, and I think he's a good man and a good leader. I'm hoping in his last two years he regains some of that spunk and fire he had in his first term, and kicks some raghead butt over there. We have the talent and ability in our military, we just need to let them loose.

Meanwhile, I'll continue to pray harder than ever for my country.