Saturday, January 20, 2007

Vick's a Pri...well, you know...

Just to shift gears here for a minute...I hadn't heard about this until this morning. Apparently being a highly paid, over-hyped, testosterone-poisoned jock burns up your brain cells. How dumb is this??

Vick reluctantly surrendered a water bottle to security at Miami International Airport that smelled like marijuana and contained a substance in a hidden compartment.

The bottle was found to have a compartment that contained "a small amount of dark particulate and a pungent aroma closely associated with marijuana," a Miami police report said. The compartment was hidden by the bottle's label so that it appeared to be a full bottle of water when held upright, police said.

Oh brother. This is the same guy who flipped off the Atlanta fans after a game and was fined $10,000.00. He did apologize that time. What has happened to the "stars" in sports? They have become arrogant, classless, and sometimes just plain stupid, as in this case. Rush had some things to say about this phenomenon yesterday on his show. I confess that I seldom watch professional sports any more because I just can't get interested. Since I'm in Indiana, though, of course I'm rooting for the Colts tomorrow! Peyton Manning is a class act, though, head and shoulders above this Vick dude. It just seems that so many of the players nowadays aren't someone I'd want my kids to look up to.

JASmius adds: Patriots by three....

Jenny responds: HEY! Watchit. We've already beaten them once this year, and we're at home, so it's gonna be Colts by 7. Just watch!