Saturday, April 08, 2006

What Keeps Us Going?

1 Finally, my brethren, (A) rejoice in the LORD. To write the same things again is no trouble to me, and it is a safeguard for you.

2 Beware of the (B) dogs, beware of the (C) evil workers, beware of the false circumcision; 3 for (D) we are the true circumcision, who (E) worship in the Spirit of God and (F) glory in (G) Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh, 4 although (H) I myself might have confidence even in the flesh. If anyone else has a mind to put confidence in the flesh, I far more: 5 (I) circumcised the eighth day, of the (J) nation of Israel, of the (K) tribe of Benjamin, a (L) Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the Law, (M) a Pharisee; 6 as to zeal, (N) a persecutor of the church; as to the (O) righteousness which is in the Law, found (P) blameless.

7 But (Q) whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ.

8 More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of (R) knowing (S) Christ Jesus my LORD, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, 9 and may be found in Him, not having (T) a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, (U) the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith, 10 that I may (V) know Him and (W) the power of His resurrection and (X) the fellowship of His sufferings, being (Y) conformed to His death; 11 in order that I may (Z) attain to the resurrection from the dead.

-Philippians 3:1-11